Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Top 10 Things I Hate About NetBackup

2002-01-24 22:04:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Top 10 Things I Hate About NetBackup
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:04:00 -0600
At 5:43 PM -0600 1/23/02, Rob Worman wrote:
>At 12:34 PM -0800 1/23/02, Fabbro, Andrew P wrote:

>>7. The X-windows backup/restore GUI doesn't have a "preview media required"
>>feature for a restore.  The Java backup/restore GUI doesn't show you a list
>>of the backup images.  I wish there was one that did both ;)
>
>you can get a motif-style listing of backup images in the jbpSA GUI.
>There's a little graphic next to the date range selection field -
>click it >and switch your preference to viewing a list of images.
>(sometimes the
>java GUI reminds me of playing Myst! :-)

to be a little more specific (I wrote the above from memory, then
checked my system at work)

to get a list of images in the java GUI (jbpSA)
view menu --> check "use backup history to set date range",
then click the little blue and white icon next to the date/time fields

to get a list of images in the WinXX Admin GUI
view menu --> uncheck "show netbackup history as a timeline"