Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup cgi's

2002-01-23 16:10:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup cgi's
From: plb AT iotk DOT com (Peter L. Buschman)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 22:10:46 +0100
Todd:

I am beginning just such a beast using Tobias Oetiker's RRDTOOL for
statistical databases
and graph generation (if you've seen MRTG before, this is the graphing
engine it uses.)

There are a wide variety of datapoints I want to plot, but first I need to
polish off the perl engine
that parses them out of NetBackup.  I'm trying to get a release of the base
module finished by
the end of the week before I start on the RRD piece.  If you're interested
in the details, please
contact me separately.

The overall roadmap looks basically like this:

(Perl Module Interface to NetBackup) -> (Logging into RRDTool) -> (Pretty
Web Interface using EmbPerl)

PHP is probably also a possibility, but embedded perl provides the same
kind of functionality along with
retaining the ability to hook into the lower-level module.

The whole thing will run under Apache with mod_perl (both on Unix and NT)
and should be pretty speedy
except for the delay imposed by the slow NBU commands that are invoked
(bpdbjobs can be slower than
molasses in January with a large jobs database.)

Cheers!

--PLB