Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question regarding catalog

2002-01-23 14:48:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question regarding catalog
From: todd AT s4r DOT com (Todd Suiter)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:48:55 -0800 (PST)
All,

        Firstly, apolgies if this is in the manuals, which I do not have
at my current location. One of the machines that I 'take care of' is
an NBU server. Unfortunately, I'm not the only one with sudo on
the machine. One of the users noticed there was a lack of space
in the tree where NBU is installed, and went and removed
the IMAGE files in the catalog backup dirs. I was and am undder
the impression that the machine is now worthless as a backup
server now, as that was pretty much the db of what was on
which tape. Is this correct?

        Also, can someone point me in the direction of what
logs are for what? Specificlly in the $openv/netbackup/db dir?

TIA

todd 'wishing he had his veritas books' suiter