Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netware backups

2002-01-18 12:50:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netware backups
From: WIRICK AT wapa DOT gov (Kevin Wirick)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:50:33 -0700
Jeff,

Using the target method I created another job called NDS.  You will need to be
sure that tsands are loaded in order to see the correct service name.  The NDS
usually needs more rights so you may need to have a different user/login name
with its password.

You mentioned that you are backing up the whole server and sys.  Be sure your
not getting sys twice.  We only backup the server itself.  In the target job
under backup job my jobs show Resource = 4 4294967294 NetWare server

Your job name are correct but do you really want to back up the NDS every
night?  I set up another class to run a full backup only once each week.

I have never been able to get the excluded function to work.  Seems that
whenever I exclude a file/directory the entire backup fails.  This certainly
causes a lot of OTM errors especially when you try to back up the queues.  If
you get that resolved please share.

Kevin Wirick
Western Area Power Administration/DOE

I have already set a single target on each server called SERVER which
contains the option for NetWare Server (the entire server including sys
and server specific info).  Now what do I do for NDS?  I am assuming
that 'Netware Server' does not include NDS as it is a different option
several choices prior; so do I just create an NDS target (NDS for ease
of use)?  Then would my file list look like the following?

/SERVER
/NDS

Thanks.