Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape FULL below capacity

2002-01-17 15:40:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape FULL below capacity
From: jonw AT n2h2 DOT com (Jon Walton)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:40:55 -0800 (PST)
Also, keep in mind that if you are backing up highly compressed files
(.gz for example) to a hardware compression device, you actually lose
capacity.    I now back up my volumes of gzipped files to the
non-compression device and get 40G on a DLT8000 instead of 35G on the same
DLT8000 using hardware compression.   Throughput is better too.

Jon