Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU & Dell Powervault 136T

2002-01-17 12:54:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU & Dell Powervault 136T
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:54:45 -0500 (EST)
Clients can't write to tape drives.  You need a media server for
that.  So you'll have one master/media, and 4 media servers (you can
get SAN media server licenses if they're only backing themselves
up).  You'll need Shared Storage Option (SSO) to handle dynamic drive
allocation.

Make sure to check on drive/host support carefully.  There's I think 3
different LTO makers, and support may depend on whether they're pure
FC or SCSI via a bridge.  There's a matrix off support.veritas.com.