Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recommendations

2002-01-16 15:27:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recommendations
From: bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com (Adametz, Bluejay)
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:27:29 -0500
> We have plans of migrating our backup server (master server)
> from Sun to
> Compaq hardware.  Has anyone done this before?  If so, do you have any
> recommendations on Compaq servers?  Please advise.

I'm running a DS10 master server and backing up a herd of DS20E and ES40
servers and a handful of Wintel servers all over a SAN with a shared TL895
tape library. I've also got a small assortment of machines that back up to
the DS10 master server over the network.

Seems to work well.

                                                - Bluejay Adametz

When you blow your top, you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret.