Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB DB backup and regular backups question

2002-01-14 10:07:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB DB backup and regular backups question
From: Jason.Ahrens AT telus DOT com (Jason Ahrens)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:07:50 -0500
A question regarding NetBackup database backups, and regular backups.

Given that NetBackup Database backup is backing up the
/usr/openv/netbackup/db, /usr/openv/var, and /usr/openv/volmgr/database
directories, I was thinking I should exclude these directories from regular
backups. In theory, these directories are useless to backup to tape as their
data is 'volatile' during an actual NetBackup backup, and must be backed up
with bpbackupdb to be valid anyway.

Thoughts or opinions on this?

Thanks

Jason