Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Getting a list of already expired tapes?

2002-01-10 14:46:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Getting a list of already expired tapes?
From: ggagnon AT ibasis DOT net (George Gagnon)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:46:29 -0500
Here is a script that lists all tapes with retension periods for offsite
storage. It lists barcode, date, whether its full or has space left on tape
and the retention period.

I hope this helps.

# cat tapes.sh
#!/bin/sh

DATE=`/bin/date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S`
SUFFIX=$DATE.$$

AVAIL=/var/tmp/available_media.$SUFFIX
LIST=/var/tmp/bpmedialist.$SUFFIX

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/available_media | grep TLD | grep -v CLN |
sort -n > $AVAIL
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpmedialist -summary | grep expires | sed
s/'  '//g | sort -n > $LIST

echo "EXPIRE\t\tTAPE\tSTATUS\t\tUSED"
echo "------\t\t----\t------\t\t----"

for TAPE in `awk '{print $1};' < $AVAIL` ; do
  STATUS=`grep $TAPE $AVAIL | awk '{print $9};'`
  USED=`grep $TAPE $AVAIL | awk '{print $8};'`
  EXPIRE=`grep $TAPE $LIST | awk '{print $3};' | awk -F\/ '{print $3, "/",
$1, "/", $2};'| sed s/' '//g`
  if [ "X$EXPIRE" = "X" ] ; then
    EXPIRE='-\t'
  fi
  if [ "X$EXPIRE" = "X/INFINITY/" ] ; then
    EXPIRE='INFINITY'
  fi
  echo "$EXPIRE\t$TAPE\t$STATUS\t$USED"
done | sort