Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] newbie questions

2002-01-07 22:13:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] newbie questions
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 21:13:41 -0600

                    Jason Jin

                    <jason AT dataprompt DOT com>               To:
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
[Veritas-bu] newbie questions
                    auburn.edu

                    01/07/2002 09:14 AM

Hi,

I have a few questions for netbackup
and would appreciate it if you could can help answer.
I'm using NBU  3.4 (3.4.1?) on solaris 2.6.

1. how do I verify my current patch level for netbackup?
my /opt/openv/netbackup/version shows :

HARDWARE SOLARIS
VERSION NetBackup 3.4GA
RELEASEDATE Tue Jun 20 03:04:00 CDT 2000

2. there is a bug that reported for NBU 3.4 and earlier
for bpstart_notify script  not working well for multiple
streams backup.( i.e it will be run multilre times
for each file system)  Has this been fixed in version 3.4.1?

this wasn't a bug but rather by design (I'm not saying I like it... just the
way it is). If you want something to run only once, you have to have the logic
in your script for this using the different stream variables available.  Same
goes for bpend_notify.

3. if I want to use multiple streams( for multiple file system)
, and also backuping to 2 drives simultaneously to increase the
preformance, what are the paramemtes
that I must setup , either on server or the client side?

Assuming that the Global Attribute allows enough jobs per client to run and
that the Storage Units have MPX configured high enough...

4 stream job would use 4 drives with schedule mpx of 1
4 stream job would use 1 drive with schedule mpx of 4 or higher
4 stream job would use 2 drives with schedule mpx of 2

... you get the drift.

TIA,

jason