Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] newbie questions

2002-01-07 10:14:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] newbie questions
From: jason AT dataprompt DOT com (Jason Jin)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:14:42 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I have a few questions for netbackup
and would appreciate it if you could can help answer.
I'm using NBU  3.4 (3.4.1?) on solaris 2.6.

1. how do I verify my current patch level for netbackup?
my /opt/openv/netbackup/version shows :

HARDWARE SOLARIS
VERSION NetBackup 3.4GA
RELEASEDATE Tue Jun 20 03:04:00 CDT 2000

2. there is a bug that reported for NBU 3.4 and earlier
for bpstart_notify script  not working well for multiple
streams backup.( i.e it will be run multilre times
for each file system)  Has this been fixed in version 3.4.1?

3. if I want to use multiple streams( for multiple file system)
, and also backuping to 2 drives simultaneously to increase the
preformance, what are the paramemtes
that I must setup , either on server or the client side?

TIA,

jason