Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Combined robot controller host

2002-01-06 19:59:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Combined robot controller host
From: Gavin.Gregory AT airnz.co DOT nz (Gregory, Gavin)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:59:02 +1300
We are in the process of setting up a new storage/backup architecture
(unfortunately using existing equipment).  As part of the backup plan the
designer wants to perform NDMP backups from a Netapp F840 to 4 heads on a
P3000 library.

Our environment is Unix but the P3000 is already in use and is controlled by
an NT Netbackup master and robot controller.  We have a separate Netbackup
master in the Unix environment.

My question is:  Is it possible to share the library in this manner where
the NT based robot controller is used from within the Unix environment.

I know this can be done where there is a single netbackup master but I don't
think it will work where we have separate masters for the NT and Unix
enviroments because the volume database is within the NT env.

Can someone please confirm whether this will work or not before I stick my
neck out?

Thanks in advance.
Gavin