Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] STK L700-Drives down

2002-01-03 16:05:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] STK L700-Drives down
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:05:44 -0600
here's one for the group to hash out with me.

STK L700, Solaris 2.6 Master, v 3.4.1, Brocade Switches, Crossroads Bridges,
SSO.

My client has been having an issue with TWO particular drives.  When a
backup job requests a tape mount, the library satisfies that request, but
never 'mounts' the tape.  It eventually writes to the syslog that the tape
is in a down'd drive.  Its only these two drives.

They have replaced the drives, the bridges and now have asked me to look
into it.  I took a pretty close look at it today, I think it is hardware.
The reason I am leaning there, is when I attempted to dismount the tape from
the L700 panel, the command failed.  Netbackup at that point had already
given up on the two drives and I had already killed the backup jobs, so
there was nothing special going on with the NBU server.

Any thoughts out there?

Thanks

David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com