Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] make bpinject use barcode rules

2002-01-03 11:52:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] make bpinject use barcode rules
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:52:11 -0600
Was vmupdate in 3.2?

For some reason, I'm thinking it was added in 3.4.

- Scott

                    "Ryan Anderson"

                    <Ryan.Anderson AT udlp DOT com>             To:
<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>, <Edmond.Navarro AT NASD DOT com>
                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
Re: [Veritas-bu] make bpinject use barcode rules
                    auburn.edu

                    01/03/2002 08:29 AM

I haven't seen this script, but look in there for the usage of 'vmupdate',
that is where the barcode rules option is. You'll want it to look something
like this:

vmupdate -rn 0 -rt tld -use_barcode_rules

RCA

--
Ryan C. Anderson
Unix Administrator

>>> "Navarro, Edmond" <Edmond.Navarro AT NASD DOT com> 01/02/02 11:31AM >>>
Hello,

We are running Netbackup 3.2 w/Vault Extensions 1.4.0 on Solaris 2.6.  Could
someone provide info on how to make the  bpinject script adhere to the
barcode rules.  I know that in later revisions Veritas included a
"bpinject-barcode" script.  Is there a simple modification I could make to
the standard bpinject?

Thanks!