Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] question on tape eject script

2002-01-02 09:40:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] question on tape eject script
From: dbrown AT gfs DOT com (Dave Brown)
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 09:40:38 -0500
A few weeks ago I had posted a message about creating a script to
automatically eject tapes from the 9740 tape library. The version is NB
3.2 on solaris 2.6 servers. I got some great help and have a script
running that is working about 99% correct.  The only problem is when the
tape door is full waiting for tapes to be removed.
Instead of halting the command temporarily, waiting for the door to be
cleared and then continuing on, the script continues to run kicking off
221 error codes.  When I open the door to remove the tapes the error
turns to 219, door open.  As soon as I shut the door, it will pick back
up and kick out 14 more tapes.  But I have to re-run the script a few
times to pick up all the tapes it missed while waiting for the door to
be opened.

Here is the portion of the script I use that I thought would pause the
script until the door was cleared and then start back up.  I'm just
wondering is something is missing or do I have something wrong in the
script that should allow it to pause until the door is emptied and then
start back up.
Other than this one slight problem, this script works great and thanks
to everyone who pointed me to the site with all those great veritas
scripts.

# echo $MEDIA
   /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -vh server1 -res -m $MEDIA  -mt HCART
-rt none -rc1 0 -e
   echo /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -vh server1 -res -m $MEDIA
-mt        HCART   -rt none -rc1 0 -e
   RETCODE =$?
   if [ "$RETCODE" = "221" ]
   then
   # CAPS are full request user intervention
    echo "ATTENTION: CAPS are full - Please remove media from library
door and press [ENTER] to continue."
   read dummy
   /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -vh server1 -res -m $MEDIA -mt HCART
-e
     fi
fi
done