Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: /opt/openv/netbackup/db/IDIRSTRUCT

2001-12-30 16:21:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: /opt/openv/netbackup/db/IDIRSTRUCT
From: jkierst2 AT csc DOT com (jkierst2 AT csc DOT com)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 13:21:06 -0800
Nevermind, figured it out:

Run bpdbm with the converti2 flag

bpdbm -converti2

This will change DB images from IDIRSTRUCT 1 to 2.

Thanks,

--
James Kierstead
Senior Analyst / ODM

--__--__--

Message: 2
From: jkierst2 AT csc DOT com
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 16:49:15 -0800
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] /opt/openv/netbackup/db/IDIRSTRUCT

Hello,

I have an older master who has the value of IDIRSTRUCT=1.  I need to
decomission this box and merge it's DB with a new box, whose IDIRSTRUCT=2
(I believe the default).  One thing I notice immediately is that you can't
browse the old master images (on the new box) unless you temporarily change
the value from 2 to 1, perform your restore and then change it back.  Is
there any way to change the layout of existing images performed under 1 so
that it uses the CTIME directories like under 2?

I've also noticed that you can't use bpimage to change from the old master
to the new master such that when your daemons are brought up the images
from the old master are getting expired.  Any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,

J Kierstead