Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] WinError 5

2001-12-27 10:07:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] WinError 5
From: fx AT veritas DOT com (fx [François-Xavier Peretmere])
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 16:07:47 +0100

 With or w/o OTM?

> 1008083667 1 4 16 veritasmedia1 38889 0 0 catest2 bpbrm from client catest2:
> ERR - failure reading file: C:\WINNT\Help\mail\mrc06_2.htm (WIN32 5: Access
> is denied. )
>
> This is obviously not a good thing, and has been traced to our inability to
> do full restores. Win error 5 causes Veritas to grab the file name, but no
> data (0 byte restores). The files that are refused are 'random' on each
> system install, but consistent across any given install (I think)

 The file is locked by some process. A locked process can't be read,
whatever the account you're using. You may use SysInternals' handle utility
to know which process is locking the file :

 http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/handle.shtml

 Amicalement, fx.

#include <VRTS/std_disclaimer.h>
--
     fx AT Veritas DOT com       | The ten thousand things.
François-Xavier Peretmere | How long do any persist?