Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error restoring any file on the NB master

2001-12-20 11:26:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error restoring any file on the NB master
From: gbos AT uoguelph DOT ca (Gerrit Bos)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:26:28 -0500
My guess would be that there is no match between an entry for the Master
Server in the master's bp.conf file (first "SERVER" entry) the "CLIENT_NAME"
in the master's bp.conf file, and the name resolution usually done through
/etc/hosts.
Since all other hosts are working, I would ensure that there is a
CLIENT_NAME entry which maches the first SERVER entry in the bp.conf file,
and second play with the /etc/hosts entries, and not the bp.conf SERVER
entry, since it affects the interactions with all other clients.  There is a
bit of a description on this in the 3.2 sysadmin guide page 577.

If this doesn't solve it, or you're not sure, check the log entry where the
names get compared.  I believe this is in the bpcd log.  I hope this
helps....Gerrit