Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reading dbbackup tape (and DB backups in general )

2001-12-18 19:56:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reading dbbackup tape (and DB backups in general )
From: Bedros.Geyoghlian AT veritas DOT com (Bedros Geyoghlian)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:56:59 -0800
Jason Ahrens wrote:
> I guess then, this boils down to, how *is* the right way to
> use 'bprecover',
> and do I have everything included in my NetBackup DB backup I should?
>
> My DB Backup is defined as:
> /usr/openv/netbackup/db
> /usr/openv/var
> /usr/openv/volmgr/database

Since there's no hostname on these paths, NBU will use the media server you
list for your DB backups.  Thus, if you're using veritasmedia1, you won't be
backing up anything on the master server.  You'll want to preface each of
these lines with the name of your master server (followed by a colon) to
ensure the master server directories are backed up.

> veritasmedia1:/usr/openv/netbackup/db/media

You also need veritasmedia1:/usr/openv/volmgr/database AND
              veritasmedia1:/usr/openv/var

Hope this helps,

Bedros Geyoghlian
VERITAS Education Services