Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup/MS SQL Scheduled Full & Diff Backups

2001-12-17 14:42:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup/MS SQL Scheduled Full & Diff Backups
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:42:52 -0600
You can have more than one bpstart or bpend .bat file.

bpstart examples:
bpstart_notify.bat
bpstart_notify.class.bat
bpstart_notify.class.schedule.bat

NetBackup will only run 1 of them.  It will run the one that best fits with
bpstart_notify.bat being the "catch all" if nothing else applies.

If you have two different scripts, one for fulls and one for incr, then all
you have to do is setup one class with two schedules.  put the two scripts in
the proper location (netbackup\bin) and rename them appropriately
(bpstart_notify.class.schedule.bat).

Just remember, if you ever change your class or schedule name these won't run
again until you go back and change their names as well... !!!

- Scott

                    "Brochart, Fabrice"

                    <BrochF AT europe.stortek DOT com>          To:
"'Briscoe, Brian (B.)'" <bbriscoe AT visteon DOT com>,
                    Sent by:                             "'veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        cc:

                    auburn.edu                           Subject:     RE:
[Veritas-bu] Netbackup/MS SQL Scheduled Full & Diff
                                                         Backups

                    12/17/2001 11:58 AM

        Hi,

I think that you have to create two class, one foe each schedule, because the
batch file (??.bch) are not the same.

Or maybe you can use the incredible "at" command from your Nt server! ;)

Hth

Fabrice