Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] catalog backup integrity

2001-12-14 15:37:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] catalog backup integrity
From: kkadams AT mmm DOT com (kkadams AT mmm DOT com)
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:37:34 -0500
I don't think that catalog backups will run when backups are running. They will
run when duplications are running (which is very unfortunate). I'm interested in
knowing how to prevent this as well.

|--------+------------------------->
|        |          John Kesich    |
|        |          <kesich AT nyu DOT edu|
|        |          >              |
|        |                         |
|        |          12/14/01 03:25 |
|        |          PM             |
  |     To:     veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

  |     cc:     (bcc: Khris K. Adams/CA-Canada/3M/US)                          |
  |     Subject:     [Veritas-bu] catalog backup integrity                     |

I'm sure I've seen automatic catalog backups start up while backups and
duplicates were in progress.  Shouldn't the catalog backup wait for all
running jobs to complete?
(see the warning on p 161 of the 3.4 sys admin guide./