Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape capacity

2001-12-10 12:32:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape capacity
From: Stephen.Liss AT attbi DOT com (Stephen.Liss AT attbi DOT com)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:32:54 -0600 (CST)
have you tried other options other than 'u'?
how about 'c'?

from st(7D):

<snip>

/dev/rmt/[0- 127][l,m,h,u,c][b][n]

where l,m,h,u,c specifies the density (low, medium, high, ultra/compressed),
b the optional BSD behavior (see mtio(7I)),
and n the optional no rewind behavior.
For example, /dev/rmt/0lbn specifies unit 0,
low density, BSD behavior, and no rewind.

<snip>

I think if you don't say 'c' you  may not be using compression