Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] duplication_script problems

2001-12-02 16:10:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] duplication_script problems
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 15:10:49 -0600
Hi, glad to hear another person is using my duplication scripts.

There is a variable called MAX_TASKS, this value indicates the number of
drive pairs you want to use.  So if you only have 2 drives in  your library,
this number will be 1.  NUM_TASKS should equal MAX_TASKS initially.

What platform are you running this on?

If it is spawning too many bpduplicate processes (and MAX_TASKS is set
properly), then it is probably more to do with how it looks for the presence
of the processes in your process table.  I'd check that area under the
duplication function in the main script, you may have to adjust the awk
statement that I run there.

That duplication suite was designed and ran on a Sun platform, solaris
2.5/2.6

If you have more problems, please feel free to use my mailing list (you'll
need to subscribe if you aren't already), NBU-lserv AT datastaff DOT com

There are a number of people on that list that are using my scripts at their
sites as well who might be able to help in my absence.  Otherwise, I will
answer them directly.

Thanks
David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com