Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] STU usage with SSO

2001-11-28 17:25:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] STU usage with SSO
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:25:48 -0600
It works in my environment (W2K and NT master/media servers, 3.4 patch 645).
As I mentioned, it must have an STU configured and must NOT be configured as
"on-demand".  Also, the name of the server on the STU should be the same as
it's listed in the backup class (in other words, an alias on a cluster
wouldn't know to back up to itself if the media server and STU were configured
with the physical node's name and not the alias).

If I remember correctly, it has to be configured on each media server you want
to act this way, not just the master.

- Scott

                    "Lundy, Mark"

                    <mlundy02@sprintspe        To:     "'Prasad Chalikonda'"
<prasadchalikonda AT yahoo DOT com>,
                    ctrum.com>                 scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com

                                               cc:     veritas-bu <veritas-bu
AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    11/28/2001 12:30 PM        Subject:     RE: [Veritas-bu]
STU usage with SSO

The only part of what you have surmised that doesn't make sense is that the
directive

           MUST_USE_LOCAL_DRIVES  DOES NOT WORK!!!

We've tried and tried and just simply does not work.  We've had to hard-wire
stus to our class to get our media servers to backup to local drives.

Mark