Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Strange problem--drive/robot disappear

2001-11-27 11:21:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Strange problem--drive/robot disappear
From: CBallowe AT usg DOT com (Ballowe, Charles)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:21:16 -0600
I'm running into a strange problem. We're just setting up this
environment so I don't know exactly how long this has gone
unnoticed -- possibly a month, since that's the last time
I did a backup (nobody was using the system) but a buggy Oracle
Apps patch blew away a file and we want it back. Now my systems
can't see the robot and one of the tape drives. It is a Tru64
environment with the tape drives and robot in a Compaq tape
library connected to a SAN (Fiber channel-scsi bridge is MDR80).
Nothing has had power removed since last time when I had it working
(I ran into the same problem then, figured I might have played
with something before that, but this time I know it's been untouched).

Has anybody seen this kind of problem before? I realize it's not a
Netbackup problem exactly, but I figure somebody might have run
into similar problems and know what to kick to get it fixed.

-Charles Ballowe