Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drive downing (bptm?)

2001-11-26 14:51:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drive downing (bptm?)
From: thomas AT gbg.abf DOT se (Thomas Johansson)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:51:31 +0100 (CET)
> Go to NetBackup Administration/Reports/Problems, and you may
> find that you have a media error associated with a specific
> tape.  We had an occurence of a bad tape DOWNing all ten DLT
> tape drives in one L700 over the weekend.  :(  We had to
> kill all backups, clear the tape drives, remove the bad tape
> from the L700, did a tape inventory, rebooted the server to
> clear rogue processes, and set all tape drives to the UP state.
> We're back in business.

Hey there. Since we upgraded to NetBackup3.4 (we run HP-UX) we haven't had
that problem. The tape doesn't get moved on if it downs a drive.
We have a StorageTek library 9740 with 9840-drives.

--
There are two major products that come out of Berkeley:
LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. -- Jeremy S. Anderson

Thomas Johansson - http://zin.plastique.net