Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup_exit_notify.cmd in an NT environment

2001-11-25 19:31:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup_exit_notify.cmd in an NT environment
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:31:03 -0600
bpstart and bpend notify scripts run under the same context as the NetBackup
Client Service.  By default this is "System", so you won't be able to do
things outside of the machine (UNCs, remote commands, etc.) until it is
changed.

I'm not sure about any of the other notify scripts.  Also, I don't think all
of the notify scripts that work on UNIX are available for NT... but I may be
wrong here.  I believe this is in the NetBackup for NT Admin guide.

Did you stop and restart the NetBackup Client Service after you made the
change?  The new account won't take effect until this is done.

- Scott

                    kkadams AT mmm DOT com

                    Sent by:                             To:     veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        cc:

                    auburn.edu                           Subject:
[Veritas-bu] backup_exit_notify.cmd in an NT environment

                    11/23/2001 09:29 AM

Hey Netbackup experts,

Can anyone tell me what security context backup_exit_notify.cmd runs with in
an
NT environment.

I wrote a small script that cleans up some old files after a successful
backup.
It runs fine when I launch it manually (from a command line). It also runs
fine
when I purge files local to the Master Server. However it does not work on an
UNC.

It seems to me that the backup_exit_notify.cmd runs under Local System (or
something). I tried changing the Netbackup Client Service to start with a
Domain
account as opposed to Local System but it didn't help.

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.