Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Killing jobs...bad idea?

2001-11-20 08:00:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Killing jobs...bad idea?
From: prasadchalikonda AT yahoo DOT com (Prasad Chalikonda)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:00:59 -0500
Turns out that the problem I was facing with drives going down, and
vmoprcmd showing no tapes in any drives while there were tapes, was
because I killed atleast 15 active jobs going to about 8 drives. I
initially thought maybe my drives were not mapped right, but they were.

If I kill a large number of jobs, things go haywire. Tapes are left in
the drives, but NBU seems to lose track of them. Stopping/restarting
daemons any number of times on any server does not help. Inventory says
there's nothing to update. I end up IPL'ing the STK 9710.

Anyone else seeing this problem? Is it a Library problem?

HP 11.0, 3.4.1, Master with the lastest patch and also the patch for
Java GUI.
10 drives connected to HP bridges.
4 media servers with SSO. All HPUX 11.0 with latest patches.

Thanks
Prasad.