Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem expiring tapes

2001-11-16 13:05:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem expiring tapes
From: JSANGEMINO AT EFTIA DOT com (Sangemino, Joe)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:05:25 -0500
Hi,  the box operated under the name 'box2' for quite  a while. It was the
system that Netbackup was originally installed on. It was renamed 'box1' and
was tested successfully.

Everything works so far, but the "bpexpdate" function.  I've since  found
that by adding in  'box2's name to the bp.conf under "CLIENT_NAME" I can
expire tapes now, and remove the extraneous 'box2' entry in the /etc/hosts
file. Although I haven't found the configuration file that still thinks
'box2' is the real name of the system, things seem to be working.

Thanks,
Joe