Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup vs EMC's EDM

2001-11-15 13:40:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup vs EMC's EDM
From: jf AT seven DOT com (Joshua Fielden)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:40:58 -0800
I've used both in 20TB/week environments, and I can say that there isn't
enough salary in our economy to get me to work EDM again.

The semantics are stunted, the reports are awkward, scripting basic
procedures became a time-sink. It broke randomly with no real reason,
and EMC themselves were hard-pressed to help me on some problems. (one
support call, I had to wait until I was Back East on a Tech Briefing,
walk right into the support department, and start whiteboarding with the
support staff to get my question answered) The training is laughable in
it's basic incompleteness and lack of depth.

Oh, and I've had a (will remain unnamed) EMC Vice President tell me
personally that he would never run that product himself.

Go NBU.

--
"Any man page that includes the words "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
BEWARE OF DOG. SLIPPERY WHEN WET" means trouble."