Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup vs EMC's EDM

2001-11-15 09:14:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup vs EMC's EDM
From: p.robertson AT utoronto DOT ca (Paul Robertson)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:14:03 -0500 (EST)
My current employer is currently using Veritas NetBackup, and we're
fairly comfortable with it. We're mostly a Solaris shop, with a couple
of EMC Symmetrix arrays in different locations.

The EMC sales folks have been getting a lot of attention from our
management, working hard at pushing EMC's EDM backup solution for a
new site we're setting up. At present, we're interested in hearing
from companies which have used both these products, and can provide
comments based on real-life experience.

Naturally, introducing a second backup solution has inherent costs,
particularly when we're already satisfied with NetBackup. We simply
want to make sure that we base our decision on more than just a snappy
sales presentation.

Cheers,

Paul

--