Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpexpdate and bpduplicate question

2001-11-09 19:07:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpexpdate and bpduplicate question
From: Shyam.Raghavan AT weac DOT com (Raghavan, Shyam)
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:07:06 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1697B.615C8312

Hello Group.

What happens to the expiration data of the backup images of copy #1 , if I
Change the expiration date of the medias in copy #2.

This is what I am trying to do:-
I am duplicating the backup of a class -->schedule Type "Full" (retention
level INFINITY) for offsite storage . Now I change the expiration date of
each offsite tape( that is copy #2) to 1 Month, as I am keeping the tapes at
offsite for only one month. using the command:
bpexpdate -ev MEDIAID -d mm/dd/yy -force.

Will this affect the retention level of the backup images in the original
backup , that is backup copy#1?

Thanks in advance.
Shyam.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1697B.615C8312

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>bpexpdate and bpduplicate  question</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT FACE="Times New Roman">Hello Group.<BR>
<BR>
What happens to the expiration data of the backup images of copy #1 , if I<BR>
Change the expiration date of the medias in copy #2.<BR>
<BR>
This is what I am trying to do:-<BR>
I am duplicating the backup of a class --&gt;schedule Type &quot;Full&quot;
(retention<BR>
level INFINITY) for offsite storage . Now I change the expiration date of<BR>
each offsite tape( that is copy #2) to 1 Month, as I am keeping the tapes at<BR>
offsite for only one month. using the command:<BR>
bpexpdate -ev MEDIAID -d mm/dd/yy -force.<BR>
<BR>
Will this affect the retention level of the backup images in the original<BR>
backup , that is backup copy#1?<BR>
<BR>
Thanks in advance.<BR>
Shyam.<BR>