Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tape densities

2001-11-09 09:13:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tape densities
From: Dave.High AT veritas DOT com (Dave High)
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 06:13:10 -0800
janne,

DLT and DLT2 are the same. DLT2 was added as a way to have Mixed tape
devices in the same robot.

so if you had DLT4000 and DLT7000 drives in the same robot, DLT4000 could be
listed as DLT2 and the DLT7000 could be listed as DLT.

if you only have one type of tape drive, either designation will work.

d.