Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Ports to be Opened in the Firewall

2001-11-07 07:51:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Ports to be Opened in the Firewall
From: Gopalakrishna_Reddy AT satyam-infoway DOT com (Gopalakrishna_Reddy AT satyam-infoway DOT com)
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 18:21:19 +0530
Hi,
    I have a firewall separating my Netbackup Server and the client. I tried
opening ports 13720 and 13782. I was able to telnet on those ports from the
client and the server. But, while firing the backup, I would get error 54
(client timed out).

     For troubleshooting, I opened tcp any any (all tcp ports) in the firewall
for that machine. The backup started working. I cannot keep this setup
permanent. I need to specify the ports. Please let me know what all ports I have
to specify for the netbackup to happen across firewalls.

Regards