Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] no output for bpclntcmd

2001-11-05 15:49:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] no output for bpclntcmd
From: gbos AT uoguelph DOT ca (Gerrit Bos)
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 15:49:47 -0500
Barbara,
   I'd start with basic networking.  The section on resolving network
communication  problems in the Troubleshooting guide (pg 21 and 24 in
version 3.2 and 3.4 respectively).  Eg.
 - can you ping a client from the host.
 - can you ping the master from a client
 - are the bp port listed under netstat -a
 - are the network card settings right under ifconfig
 - does the network traffic go via a reasonably direct route (using
traceroute)

traceroute will show you each hop along the way.  You may have to hunt it
down on your machine.  I hope this helps....Gerrit