Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] no output for bpclntcmd

2001-11-05 14:59:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] no output for bpclntcmd
From: b.hswe AT genaissance DOT com (Hswe, Barbara)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 14:59:18 -0500
Greetings,

We recently had an accidental change in IP addresses, where when the
network admins were "cleaning" the closet, they plugged in my server's
network cord to the wrong vlan.  Since then, backups haven't worked.

We reconfigured the port so that it's on the correct VLAN and gave the
server it's original IP static IP address, but still no success.

When I run bpclntcmd -sv and bpclntcmd -pn -- I get no output.  Veritas
support says that this is definitely a sign of network misconfiguration,
but unfortunately, I don't know enough about networks to point the
finger!  Has anyone come across this issue, and if so, how was it
resolved?

Barbara