Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Raid5 or mirrored?

2001-11-02 12:36:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Raid5 or mirrored?
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 09:36:28 -0800 (PST)
We should keep in mind that Robert is comparing RAID 5 with a
"concatenated mirror", which from a performance standpoint is basically
comparing "striping w/parity overhead" with "no striping."

Robert, if you're considering a concatenated mirror, why not a striped
mirror instead?  (same amount of disk use and loss protection, but with
consistently better performance)

HTH
rob