Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange 2000 Differential Stalls

2001-10-30 18:48:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange 2000 Differential Stalls
From: kmeyer AT banderacom DOT com (Kyle Meyer)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:48:25 -0600
I have an Exchange 2000 server being backed up by a Windows 2k master server
(3.411), and it has worked fine for months. Today the Exchange differential
stopped at 1642494kB (even after repeated attempts), even though there are
at least 4.5GB of logs to be backed up. The bpbkar process takes up 50% of
the cpu usage of the dual cpu box when it hits this byte count, and will
continue to do so for at least 30 minutes. I have not let it run longer, as
I have never had reason to do so. I finally get a network timeout, and the
job dies (I have turned the timeout up to 15 minutes, to no avail). The
process continues to run at 50% cpu usage, there is no disk activity, and I
cannot get a good backup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle Meyer