Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help with Linux 7.1.

2001-10-28 07:29:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help with Linux 7.1.
From: Gopalakrishna_Reddy AT satyam-infoway DOT com (Gopalakrishna_Reddy AT satyam-infoway DOT com)
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:59:39 +0530
I tried the below for Netbackup 3.2, RH 7.1 and it worked!

BJ Stewart <bstewart AT esri DOT com> on 10/27/2001 02:46:54 AM

  To:          "'Veritas Group'"
               <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>

  cc:          (bcc: Gopalakrishna Reddy/Satyam)

  Subject      [Veritas-bu] Help with Linux 7.1.
  :

I know Linux 7.1 isn't officially supported, but is anyone
else using Netbackup 3.4 to back up these clients?

I tried the client install, which failed because of the
inetd.conf issues.  Corrected that issue by placing this
file in /etc/xinetd.d
bpcd
which contains:
service bpcd
{
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpcd
        server_args             =
        disable                 = no
}

I've heard that you can reliably backup Linux 7.x clients
with some modifications, can anyone help here?

BJ Stewart
ESRI Systems
909-793-2853 x1277