Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving A Media Server (and all its data) From Master A to Master B

2001-10-25 15:48:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving A Media Server (and all its data) From Master A to Master B
From: Keilani.Burrage AT barclaysglobal DOT com (Burrage, Keilani BGI SDC)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:48:38 -0700
Current Environnement:
*       Master A
o       Solaris 2.6
o       NBU 3.4 Data Center
o       Currently controls 2 media servers
*       Master B
o       Solaris 2.5
o       NBU 3.2
o       Currently controls 4 media servers

I have a dilemma for all the NetBackup masters out there.  How do I go about
moving a media server from one master to a different master?  I would like
to move a media server (Solaris 2.5/NBU 3.2) and all its data from Master B
to Master A.  any suggestions?  Has anyone successfully done this before?
All help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Keilani Burrage
Operations Analyst
IT Operations
voice (916) 463-6378 Desk
voice (916) 798-5081 Cell
e-mail keilani.burrage AT barclaysglobal DOT com