Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] More NBU db backups

2001-10-25 13:19:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] More NBU db backups
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:19:13 -0500
That's correct, it doesn't support backing up to a Disk Storage Unit.  If you
chose Media Manager from the drop down, you have to put in the Media ID to be
used, along with the media server and density... you don't specify the Storage
Unit to be used.

It does support backing up to disk, but this is any disk path, including UNCs.
It doesn't have anything to do with a Media Manager Storage Unit and doesn't
even have to be on a media server.  Just give it a path.  It works great.  If
it's not a local path the NetBackup client service has to be running as an
account that can access the remote path.

- Scott

                    "Jeff Kennedy"

                    <jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com>                 To:     NBU
List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
[Veritas-bu] More NBU db backups
                    auburn.edu

                    10/25/2001 11:54 AM

Is it just me or did I get some bad info?  I was told by a Veritas
employee that 3.4 did *not* support backing up the db to a disk storage
unit, yet when I look at the db backup configuration screen I have a
drop-down for disk and a path field.

Am I missing something here?  Anyone backing their db to disk?