Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] email notifications on backups

2001-10-24 13:55:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] email notifications on backups
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:55:41 -0500
Are these four all media servers or the master?  There is a setting that
determines if the e-mails come from each client or if they come from the media
server.  If you put an SMTP client on your media servers, but had the clients
configured to send the mail, you would only get e-mails when the media servers
themselves had a failed job.

- Scott

                    "Jeff Kennedy"

                    <jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com>                 To:     Jeff
Maley <jmaley AT macromedia DOT com>
                    Sent by:                             cc:     "Veritas-bu
(E-mail)" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
Re: [Veritas-bu] email notifications on backups
                    auburn.edu

                    10/24/2001 12:19 PM

I get some e-mail but only for a few clients.  I have approximately 35
clients on NBU 3.4 DC but get e-mail reports for only 4 of them.
Haven't cared enough yet to log a support call as I check the logs every
morning.

~JK

Jeff Maley wrote:

> i have set veritas nbu 3.4.1 to notify me via e-mail, but it doesn't seem to
work. i set the email addy in the configuration screen for the master server
under global configuration and under universal options. i also checked the box
'server sends mail'. has anyone seen this before? did i do it wrong?