Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netware NSS

2001-10-24 05:27:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netware NSS
From: per.holmgren AT dala.sr DOT se (Per Holmgren)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:27:10 +0200
Hi everyone

We are having some problems backing Netware NSS volumes.
Netbackup Business edition v 3.4.1 on a NT4 server SP6.
Storagetek L20 Robot with 2 Seagate LTO drives (LVD SCSI)

Ordinary netware volumes are backed with Targets, no errors.

I have narrowed it down to a few possible reasons.

1. As with Backup Exec, the codepage850 (language support) makes the
    files unreadable on NSS volumes (ASCI)

2. The NDS account used to backup the volume resides in a sub
     container in the NDS context.

3. When you create the target file on a Netware server you have to
     specify the file name system. Ordinary Netware volumes show
     1-DOS or 2- LONG NAME SPACE.  NSS volumes display 1-DOS,  2-LONG
     NAME  SPACE, 3-MAC or 4-MFS (i think)
    How do you select all of the above 1,2,3,4  or 1234 or 1-2-3-4 ?

Does anyone have a clue ?

Regards

Per Holmgren, Swedish Broadcasting Corporation