Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading Master Server to new Master Server while keeping existing Master server.

2001-10-23 09:21:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading Master Server to new Master Server while keeping existing Master server.
From: Ryan.Anderson AT udlp DOT com (Ryan Anderson)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:21:13 -0500
We are about to do this with the help of a consultant (just to be safe), but it
looks like a pretty straightforward process. I've found this technote
particularly helpful:

It was written to NetBackup 3.2, but I don't see any reason it would not apply
to 3.4. Anyone?

RCA

>>> Paul Fairhurst <fairhurst.p AT mgx.co DOT za> 10/23/01 08:07AM >>>
Hi All

Has anyone ever tried promoting a Solaris Master/Media Server to
a Master Server on a new Solaris Server and demoting the existing
Master Server to a Media Server ?

Is there any documentation about this ?

Regards

Paul Fairhurst