Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade from 3.2 to 3.4

2001-10-12 11:25:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade from 3.2 to 3.4
From: Don.OShea AT emergis DOT com (O'Shea, Don)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:25:07 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C15332.12F04150

I have a couple of questions for you guru's. In a few weeks we are going to
wiping out our NT4.0 servers and installing Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
During this period we will be upgrading Netbackup version 3.2 to Netbackup
Datacenter 3.4. Fortunately, the time I have spent supporting Netbackup I
have never had to recover the Netbackup database. Now however because
management decided to go with a clean install of Win2K instead of an upgrade
I will now have to recover my database once the install is complete.

I am aware of the basic steps to recover, but want to make sure I cover all
bases before we go ahead. After we install the OS and install the Netbackup
master, I need to do a dbrecover with my catalog backup tape. Is there
anything else I need to worry about backing up before we wipe the disks?

Secondly, will it be a problem recovering a 3.2 database into version 3.4
and will the fact that we are changing the master server name also cause me
grief.

Any help or guidance from anyone who has been through this would be greatly
appreciated.

Don O'Shea
NT Support
BCE Emergis Inc.
(905)707-4000 Ext. 3765
Fax: (905) 707-4329
mailto:don.oshea AT emergis DOT com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C15332.12F04150

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.89">
<TITLE>Upgrade from 3.2 to 3.4</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have a couple of questions for you =
guru's. In a few weeks we are going to wiping out our NT4.0 servers and =
installing Windows 2000 Advanced Server. During this period we will be =
upgrading Netbackup version 3.2 to Netbackup Datacenter 3.4. =
Fortunately, the time I have spent supporting Netbackup I have never =
had to recover the Netbackup database. Now however because management =
decided to go with a clean install of Win2K instead of an upgrade I =
will now have to recover my database once the install is complete. =
</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am aware of the basic steps to =
recover, but want to make sure I cover all bases before we go ahead. =
After we install the OS and install the Netbackup master, I need to do =
a dbrecover with my catalog backup tape. Is there anything else I need =
to worry about backing up before we wipe the disks?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Secondly, will it be a problem =
recovering a 3.2 database into version 3.4 and will the fact that we =
are changing the master server name also cause me grief.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Any help or guidance from anyone who =
has been through this would be greatly appreciated.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Don O'Shea</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">NT Support</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">BCE Emergis Inc.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(905)707-4000 Ext. 3765</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Fax: (905) 707-4329</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"><A =
HREF=3D"mailto:don.oshea AT emergis DOT com">mailto:don.oshea AT emergis DOT
com</A></=
FONT>
</P>

</BODY>