Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how can I get the date in seconds?

2001-10-11 11:34:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how can I get the date in seconds?
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:34:03 -0500
I know that commands like "bpmedialist -l" will still show the dates in
seconds past the epoch.  All of my scripts on NT/2000 are in Korn.  As you
said, with slight modifications they would all work on UNIX as well.

I was asking how to get the CURRENT date/time... ???

NetBackup has a command bpps... which is like ps but only shows NetBackup
stuff.  If for some reason you didn't have ps on your box (for instance, an
NT/2000 box without any additional shells or utilities), you could use bpps in
some cases.  I was looking for something similar to this to give me current
date/time in seconds.

I don't have "date +%s" (gnu-date) or "systime()" from gawk available.  I was
hoping NetBackup could do this for me.  I ended up using PERL... thanks Peter!

- Scott

                    "David A. Chapa"

                    <david@xbpadm-com        To:     <scott.kendall AT abbott
DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    mands.com>               cc:

                                             Subject:     RE: [Veritas-bu] how
can I get the date in seconds?
                    10/11/2001 10:14

                    AM

YES YOU CAN.

All of my scripts from Unix work, with slight modification, on NT with MKS
toolkit.

David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com