Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How can I get information about a tape being outside the library using command line ?

2001-10-10 14:32:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How can I get information about a tape being outside the library using command line ?
From: jg AT t4b DOT ch (Jago t4b)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:32:30 +0200
hi christian

i don't know what kind of status you are expecting for, but with the command
\veritas\netbackup\bin\goodies\available_media(it both, for nt & unix) you
can get something like :

media   media   robot   robot   robot   side/   ret    size     status
 ID     type    type      #     slot    face    level  KBytes
NetBackup pool

000005  DLT2     TLD      0       5      -       -     -        AVAILABLE
000006  DLT2     TLD      0       6      -       -     -        AVAILABLE
000010  DLT2     TLD      0       10     -       -     -        AVAILABLE
000013  DLT2     TLD      0       13     -       -     -        AVAILABLE
000016  DLT2     TLD      0       16     -       -     -        AVAILABLE
000019  DLT2     NONE     -       -      -       -     -        AVAILABLE
000020  DLT2     NONE     -       -      -       -     -        AVAILABLE
000021  DLT2     NONE     -       -      -       -     -        AVAILABLE
000022  DLT2     NONE     -       -      -       -     -        AVAILABLE
000023  DLT2     NONE     -       -      -       -     -        AVAILABLE
000001  DLT2     TLD      0       1      -       -     -        DBBACKUP
U00000  DLT2     TLD      0       29     -       3     0        FROZEN

the "robot #" shows you if the tape is in the library or not. if it's
written NONE, the tape it's outside the library.

i hope it helped you

best regards