Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] system call failed (11)

2001-10-03 16:19:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] system call failed (11)
From: AhrensJ AT psi DOT ca (Jason Ahrens)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 16:19:16 -0400
There is a gotcha with doing this and large disks. On NT if a single disk
has more than 20GB of data then OTM attemtps to create a cache file larger
than it is capable of and it goes down again. On Win2k, this problem still
exists, but the size has been uped to 30GB. There is a Veritas document that
details the reasons for this and the workaround if you run into it.

This document talks about configuring OTM. I used it when setting selecting
the options I would use for OTM configuraiton. It includes details on the
problem mentioned above.

Jason