Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing DNS domains

2001-10-03 07:13:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing DNS domains
From: gyurchak AT veritas DOT com (Gregg Yurchak)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 07:13:06 -0400
Setup the new name as a media server on everyone.  Change the name on the
master.  Update everyone's master listing to point to the new name.  Use the
FORCE_RESTORE to handle all restores from the old name through the new name.
Walk through each of the GUIs (Media & Device Management, Storage Unit
Management, Configuration, etc) and make sure you change the name.

Thanks,
Gregg Yurchak
VERITAS Professional Services
Biloxi, MS