Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP backups going 30 hours

2001-10-01 14:54:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backups going 30 hours
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 11:54:26 -0700
But the data has stoped being transferred 10 hours earlier.  I have 3
ndmp backups that are running 24+ hours but no data has moved for over 6
hours.  The filer is doing nothing and the ndmp session is halted
because the backup is complete, all it's waiting for is a close message
from NBU.

I checked some stats on my NBU server and the root disk is fairly
hammered, it's reading at 3MB/sec with nothing else going on; no other
backups, no restores.  And this server is dedicated to backups, no other
services.

The images are all on an A5000 so it's not writing the images (btw, the
A5000 is idle too).  The only thing I can figure is the BPFSMAP_TMP
directory that holds an inode map for each ndmp session.  These files
are fairly huge, 300MB's to 800MB's each.  What I'm wondering is what's
happening at this point in the backup?  The inode maps are run at the
beginning of the backup on the filer so what is happening after the
backup is complete?  Is this verification of some type?

Thanks.
--
Jeff Kennedy